1. Take the $2 farm tour, it's well worth the money for the amount of learning you will do on this ride. plus you get a free cookie at the end so it's pretty much a slam dunk.
2. Take a silly picture with the world's larges pistachio (it's 30 feet tall!), try to be as creative as possible.
3. Try every flavor of pistachio (and brittle) they offer. The pistachio bar at McGinn's PistachioLand is super impressive and sampling is encouraged!
4. Sample all of the wines (my favorites were the merlot and the pink moscato but they have some unusual ones, like pomegranate, pistachio, and chocolate), tasting is free so take advantage of that!
5. Try local products, it's not just pistachios and wine. PistachioLand has salsas, jams, taffy, and a variety of other locally produced items.
6. Get a quirky souvenir. This place is full of weird/tacky/quirky souvenirs, be sure to pick one up before you leave!
7. Check out the koi pond...because naturally this is something you'd find in the middle of the desert.
8. Check out their vintage Ford, it's parked right in the shop!
9. Learn what pistachios look like before they are harvested.
10. Drive over to their original location and take a picture with their giant Alamogordo sign!
Looking for other great things to do in Alamogordo? Check out this post!
Have other tips or suggestions? Let me know in the comments section!