Obviously Top 5 lists are subjective but I'd like to think that mine is pretty solid. So here are my Top 5 Grand Cayman experiences:
I'm going to start this list with two honorable mentions...because it's my list and I do what I want. The first one is visiting Cayman Sprits. I love distilleries so any chance to visit one is usually a win for me. Plus these guys know how to throw a party. It's a worth while experience especially if it happens to be raining while you are there. The next honorable mention is eating Tortuga Rum Cakes. Those little buggers are addicting. You can find them at most gas stations and convenience stores and if you visit the island and never try one then you for sure missed out.
Now the real list...
5. Drinks on the beach. If you are headed to Grand Cayman for vacation stay on 7 mile beach, it's lovely and everything you want a beach vacation to be! Also all beaches are public beaches so if you want to sneak over to the Marriott and have a drink in one of their floaties I don't think anyone would know ;)
4. Ball out on a meal. The island is expensive and I am all about ways to save money. However, there is a lot of really good food on the island from some amazing chefs so I recommend ballin' out on a meal at least once. My best friend and I shared an appetizer, had three drinks each, and split an impressive amount of sushi (then finished with a split dessert...judge us.) for about $100 USD each.
3. Swim with the stingrays. Did you know that the stingrays in Grand Cayman are friendly? Lol, it's literally written on every post everywhere! So if you didn't already know that, thanks for consulting my blog before you looked at any others... you are my favorite. While it is touristy as heck that doesn't make it any less fun, so go swim your little heart out.
2. Snorkel. The crystal clear waters of Grand Cayman provide some rad snorkeling! My best advice is to ask someone who lives in the area where they like to snorkel but if that isn't helpful I really enjoyed "the wreck of the cali" where I saw a wreck and an eagle ray and "eden rock" where I saw squid, conch, a trumpet fish, turbine, and a shark! (I guess seeing a shark is pretty rare so this felt like a huge win). Both sites are in George Town but there is some fantastic snorkeling along 7 mile beach as well!
1. Get SCUBA certified. Grand Cayman is known as one of the top SCUBA destinations in the world making this a really great place to get SCUBA certified. I went with Cayman Turtle Divers and had a really great experience. Even if you don't choose to go for the full certification, they have a "Discover SCUBA" option which is worth it to just get your feet wet (see what I did there?....although literally all of you is wet).
What were your favorite Grand Cayman Experiences? Let me know in the comments section!